Friday, June 24, 2011

Garden Update.

Before leaving on our trip we gave Butters a special treat. She got her first big bone from us and it was hilarious! She wouldn't touch it so Zach had to shove it in her mouth, but then she'd just stood there like in the first photo below. She had absolutely NO idea what to do with the bone. So she carried it up the stairs to my room and laid on the bed with it. We kept trying to get her to do something besides set it down so we made her chase the bone outside and well... she still didn't know what to do lol She held it in her mouth, but I think we made some progress. She now carries it around everywhere she goes and just last night she decided to try chewing on it! Success...


While we were outside attempting to get Butters to play with her bone, I decided to update you on our little garden. It's coming along so nicely and I just can't wait to harvest our first crops! These photos were also taken before we left... roughly on the 3rd of June. Photos of our little garden as of yesterday are also below. I can't believe the progress they made in the week and a half we were gone.

Here's are baby asparagus.

Carrots.
Zach's crazy radishes are popping up everywhere. We keep thinning them out, but it seems more just keep popping up.
We had also gone to Walmart that day for food and to get a edge trimmer do dad... until this day, I've been down on my hands and knees trimming the edge with a pair of scissors. It would take me about an hour and I'd end up with blisters :( Thank goodness for this little guy. Here Zach had just taken it out of the box and assembling it for use.
Meanwhile, Butters is laying in the grass enjoying the fresh air. It's what she does best.
Here we are :) Love it!
Zach's finally assembled the weed wacker and is getting ready to trim away the edges! Woo no more scissors!!
Zach in action.
Halfway done.
My view from the chair I was sitting in...
Me watch Zach trim... don't worry I helped out. I didn't just sit there the whole time. I helped mow and rake and picked up all the clippings haha

This was taken yesterday. I honestly can't believe how much they've grown! I love the first shot below. It's one of my favorites I've taken of the garden. We thinned out the radishes again, but are still working on thinning them out. They have seriously taken over the box.
Crazy carrots... can't wait to harvest these guys!
Whoa... radish!
Asparagus.
Stupid mushrooms keep popping up.
My baby cucumber plant! Come on cucumber!! I could use these on my salad haha
See! I wasn't lying ... it's full of radish!
Aww yeah! Two watermelon plants are growing. Lets see if I actually get a melon this year!
And as always... Butters is hanging out back with me :) Love her so much. I would be sooo lonely without her.
And after I waters the plants and grass, it was time to start grillin! Woo BBQ chicken, french bread, and steamed veggies. What a fabulous dinner it was!
Zach and I both have been busy bee's since being home. He's been working long hours and I've been putting in orders, catching up on emails/mail, and lining up my senior portrait sessions. We miss you all, but we are both really looking forward to our Date Day tomorrow. We've already made big plans :) Stay tuned for images from our San Fran trip. Pier 39 is coming!!!

No comments: