Early (and I mean early) on Saturday, May 14th we drove over to where Zach used to work. Here's a little background information on Zach and his work... At Core (the larger part of Shamrock foods). Zach now works at a separate location called Systems where they manage 5 large companies for Shamrock. While Zach was working at Core, he drove a tugger. Zach's job was to drive the tugger around and pick food in a freezer, cooler, and dry and load it up on palette for the loaders to load into the trucks and then the truckers deliver it to the companies. Well, Zach no longer drives the tugger. He now drives a pallet jack at Systems.
Now, back to the Roadeo. It was made to have several competitions. Instead of competing on the pallet jack like the rest of Zach's coworkers, he decided to challenge himself and race on the tugger. He did amazing! And I have to say, the tugger looks fun to drive, but I would not like his job. He has to constantly pick up 50 lb loads of food and such and pick them off shelves above his head. I think if I were picking it... it'd end up on my food or head haha. Anywho, he did really really well and I was so proud. He ended up getting 2nd place and even won a crystal engraved trophy. Oh and on top of that... as 2nd place winner he won $300! WOW! Go Zach go!
After he competed in his competition, we headed back into the freezing cold (not that inside was warmer because we're in the cooler and freezer areas) and ate some good food at the company BBQ. Then we sat and waited for Zach's last competition... the eating competition haha I sat and watched as Zach competed in a pie eating contest. Have you ever tried to scarf down a frozen pie? Me either and I don't intend to, but that's what they go. We all know Zach can eat, but he couldn't get the frozen pie down... eventually he became Mr. Giggles and gave up on eating the frozen pie. I don't blame him.
With a messy face, full tummies, and freezing everything, we headed back to the car and headed home to defrost. Not a bad way to spend my Saturday because at least I was in good company! Photos of the competition below!
Zach waiting in line to compete on the tugger.
Waiting for the pie eating contest.
Accepting his big check lol
His trophy for 2nd place in the tugger competition.
Frozen pie eating contest... yum... not lol
And that was the Shamrock Roadeo. More images from around the house coming soon! We love you all and hope to get the chance to see you while we're in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment