Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I love Holga.

This is Holga. It's a medium format camera/toy camera. It shoots with 120 film and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it!! It's somewhat expensive to shoot with it, but it's well worth it I think. The prints are just amazing and its truly the funnest camera to shoot with. Some advantages (or disadvatages for some people) about this camera are the light leaks. Its a very unpredictable camera and creates some amazing vingetting on the images as well as some other fun light leaks. It cost me $23 last quarter for my Materials and Processes class and I'd say its about the best $23 I've spent lol

Anyways... Here are some images that I just recently got developed from Holga. There from when the boys first moved here (yes that was in August so I've had them sitting around for quite some time hahah yikes! but I'm so excited to see how amazing they turned out!)
This was the boys at the Rockies game throwing up their 619 area code for the Padres vs Rockies game.

Me...the only Rockies fan out of the 4 of us

A double exposure ... It's cool I think. I've got some ghostly figures in the crowd and the main goal was to have the ghost guy on home and have him solid on first... but its sorta hard to tell and yet I really like how it turned out.

A dusk exposure of Elitch Gardens...

Need I say anymore... lol


I love this shot. =] Reminds me of when I was little and momma used to play ball ... good times

A double exposure of the same tree... I think this is also a really neat photo and I love it!! I've been trying to experiment more with the double exposures. It's really easy to do with the Holga because you have to wind the film ... therefore if you want to double expose the film you just don't wind it to the next frame! Voila!!


Zachary (I really want to tackle portraits with the Holga)





The silly boys


My feet


Jamie



The boys in Jail (aka the restrooms at some weird little baseball field over at the sports park behind my apartments)



Zach working on his truck


The famous trio <3


Zach playing Tennis. The Holga isn't made for action at all and yet...look how well it did motion in these shots!




Thats all for now...I've got to get up early. I've got some work to do at the house so we can do some more moving woot woot! Hope you all had a great weekend and hope that you all continue to have a great week! Love you all

XoXo

No comments: