Good afternoon! Yesterday was a laid back day full of errands and more editing. Around 6 we had a terrible storm roll in and in fear of the power being shut off, I called it a quits and went downstairs. I tuned into our news hoping to hear the sirens/warnings since it was literally a monsoon out there and if there was to be a siren, I wouldn't be able to hear it. Luckily, there were no sirens, the power didn't go out, and it finally made me fix some dinner. After dinner, it was still raining, but Butters still insisted on her walk so I grabbed the umbrella walked out into the rain, got soaking wet, and made myself a promise to go buy some wellingtons! Anyways, it was day two of the new wardrobe. I really loved this outfit and felt incredible cute :) I'm not sure if it was the skirt and ballet flats, the beautiful scarf, or the messy ballerina bun, but maybe it was the combo of all three. I can't wait to work this scarf into more outfits!! Thanks again to Zachary for my shopping spree!





Shoes Target, skirt Walmart, t-shirt Forever 21*, scarf Forever 21*, earrings JcPenny(*new items from Zach)I mentioned above about the crazy storm that rolled through last night. Now that I think about it, it was only like 3:30ish when the storm first rolled it. I remember because I was editing in bright daylight when all of a sudden it went pitch black and I thought, "what the heck" I looked outside to see the storm and it began to rain. It was until it moved through the metro area that it hit Aurora. And boy did it hit. I couldn't even see clearly out my window with all the water running down. Even outside this window is a drain in the alleyway and it was flooding. Good think my lawn needs the water haha

See it was pretty intense! They said at least 2 inches of rain was expected and in some metro areas where the streets are not well suited for this weather... it was about a foot of standing water and cars were stalling hahah oops. Glad I wasn't out there in that.

Treat likes to observe too. I really enjoy this photo.

See... flash flood warning. I've seen these before and it always was like pssh yea ok, but this time I guess it really meant it.

Trying to get a shot out of the front window so you can see that between our house alleyway... we gain a river with all the water. Pretty intense...

Attempted close up of all the water running down into the 2nd storm drain by our house. It's incredibly hard to shoot out of a window that's covered in water. This was the best I could do without going outside and being swept away lol

I'm digging today's outfit as well :) I'm all dressed for a movie date with my good friend Anna from school. I haven't seen her in a while and I'm glad to get out of the house with a friend and enjoy some cool air. It's been soo hot here lately. Can't complain I suppose, at least it's not cold. Well, I should be headed to the mall now. I hope that you are all enjoying this beautiful Friday. Zach has tomorrow off and we're so excited. We're going to the movies with a friend of his from work and we'll be seeing Horrible Bosses! So can't wait!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Jessi
No comments:
Post a Comment