After a few angry moments (seemed every street was a no U turn or one way only, of course not the way we wanted to go) so it took us a few minutes to actually get onto Lombard St and begin our climb up hill.
Climbing... up we go!

Here we've stopped at a stop sign on top of the hill. After out 'complete' stop we drove across and saw the 5 mile an hour sign as we entered the curviest road!

And down we go through the squiggles!
We reached the bottom of the road and I asked dad if there was any way we could park or drop me off and him circle around. I wanted to walk up this crazy hill! We were SO lucky. Right at the bottom of this hill we found one parking space for a 2 hour limit and we jumped on it! No one wanted to go at first, but I jumped out and soon Zach followed. How nice. Now I don't have to go alone :)
So, we start our climb up the curviest road...

And of course we take some photos along the way.
We're almost half way up the hill when we stop and check out the view. That tall thing in the middle of the image.. it's Coit Tower! Yup, we went to that too. Pretty awesome.
Continuing up the sidewalk we decided to stop and take a photo of us together, snapped one shot when a guy with his wife and son stopped and asked if we wanted help. Naturally I said yes, I was a little scared to hand over my precious camera, but he was stoked. He has the mini version and was impressed with mine hahah I think he was hooked. Prolly bought one when he got home. Thanks random dude! The image below us is the view from the top of the curviest road. Pretty pretty!
Heading back down the hill...
Zach and I stopped to check out these awesome little go cart looking things. Turns out, you can rent them over where we ate at Denny's! Definitely want one, but I'd settle with the ferrari too haha
Then came this jeep... I just love the shot, not so much the car.
down, down, down.
This street is also know for it's housing market. It's one of the richest neighbor hoods. These homes are million dollar homes. Parking suck, but really beautiful homes! These were my two favorites.
Hey! I know them... they ended up getting out after all.
For some reason, my dad wanted to RUN up the hill lol so he and Jake headed to the bottom and began their run. Kayla said I'm starting from here hahah And this is her waiting for them to come running by. Such a goofball! Love her!
Here they come!
Go dad, Go!
Kayla in the lead, Jake right behind her, and Dad is the caboose!
Zach and I waited for them to come back down...

But we got bored and hot... so we headed down and found a great photo op for the family.

Photo by Zach

We took pics of each other with the hill behind us. You can see how nicely decorated it is along with the rows of houses, and of course how steep it is with all it's curves. Awesomesauce.
They finally made it back down. So, I took their picture in our awesome spot.
Had dad go grab mom and made them get a photo too! Love it!! Thanks for such an amazing trip mom and dad!!

Then professional camera girl Kayla stepped up to the plate and took a photo of the two of us. You're the best Kayla! I've taught you well ;)


Then it was back to the car and off to our next tourist trap.
I hope you enjoyed the images! Still a few more places to show you, but I've got to go get ready for my shoot. Busy busy busy these last few weeks. Hope it all pays off! Enjoy your Wednesday!! Love you all!xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment