Here is a photo of our yummy breakfast though!
This is the last set of images from June 14th... We ended our day with a walk in the aquarium. It was pretty neat and one of mom's favorite things. She loves the ocean. This image below is one of my favorites. I love the beauty of jellies, but scared to meet them in the water...
So pretty. Makes me think of Finding Nemo.
A REALLY big fish.
We all had to have our photo taken with it... it was ridiculously large!
Thanks brother for my photo with the fishy. 

Lining up for their picture hahah
Cool starfish.
Pretty momma.
Everyone looking at cool ocean things...
Sharks! duh-nah........... duh-nah ....... duh-nuh... duh-nuh..duh-nuh duh-nuh duh-nuh hahha
the red thing... white eye... in the center of the image is an octopus! It doesn't have bones so when it wants to sleep in snuggles into little caves and such and goes to bed. I can't believe it got into that hole...
Love it! Well, mostly... Zach's got a creepy smile, but the rest is cool... I mean look at the fish and the light ooo! :)
Close up of the fishies.
Cool crab.

Sturgeons. My favorite fish. Every time we go into Bass Pro Shop, first thing we do is stop by the fish tank to admire my fish... they're so cool looking. It's like a shark, but not. Pretty neat. Longest one we've seen was 2-3ft and these were HUGE! Anywhere from 5-7ft long and it must have taken them hundreds of years to get this big. So crazy.
Sting Rays! All we could talk about with all the rays around was poor Steve Irwin.


We rounded that last little bit of the tour and when I saw this I laughed. We have one at our Denver Aquarium... Jake didn't know what it was for, but I told him to get in and of course he was a goof about it.

Jake and Kayla!
Me and Zach!
In the elevator going to the bottom level of the aquarium... Jake is so silly. Love my brother.
Silly momma... apparently it runs in the family ahah
Kayla freaked when the elevator lady told us you can now go pet sharks and rays. What's Zach thinking? hahah
Toads. Not sure ... just snapped the photo. I was more interested in petting the sharks hahah
And here we are getting the low down on how to pet the sharks and the sting rays. Jake was the brave one and went first. He touched the rays first. What I didn't know what that the stinger grows back just like a finger nail. The ones we touched had their stingers clipped. I also learned that the stinger is at the base of the tail where it connects to the body... I thought that it was at the tip of the tail. Weird. We then touched a leopard shark, and a dog shark I think. The leopard shark was relatively smooth where the other shark was very rough... almost like sand paper. The rays were just slimey lol
Ahhh a ray! I wanted for Jake to touch it and tell me what it was like then I finally braved up and touched one.
Kayla's turn to touch the shark! Go girl!!
Chinchillas! Oh how I love them.
Turtle!
This was extremely cool. The 'mermaid's purse' It's cool because they do look like a little purse, but what it really is ... a sac of baby sting rays. One of their rays laid these and they collected them, cut them open and put a plastic on one end to post for us to see. When they are ready, they're released and I'm assuming new ones are put in. You could see them moving and flicking their tails. Really neat.

Blue tongue Lizard I believe. Zach loved him because he looked like he was off Holes and he was the only one who could get him to show his cool blue tongue.
He loved Zach.
Crazy baby tree frogs.
After touching sea anemones (which do not sting you like they do clown fish hahah) and sea cucumbers we headed back out onto the pier. Earlier we had grabbed this coupon book and inside was this $15 off (basically free oyster) for the Pearl Factory. I had the opportunity to do this years ago with a friend in Las Vegas and really wanted to do it again. So, I did and I purchased this beautiful pearl ring. Not long after, we talked them into giving Kayla the same deal and she got a ring as well only she was the one who got the memo of the big oyster. She got the biggest pearl. The guy next to me told me he had gotten twins! What the heck... I'd love to have real pearl earrings! Jealous, but love my ring :) Wear it every day.The oyster I choose.
My pearl after the oyster was cracked open.
Kayla's turn!!
Dang girl... look at that Pearl!
Well, after the rings, we headed back to the hotel, showered, and hit the sack to get ready for our last day in San Fran. Stay tuned... Golden Gate, Lomard St, and our drive home is soon to come! Along with our images from current things going on Here in Denver. Prayers and positive thoughts continue to go out to Jayme and the rest of our family. Not a minute goes by that you are all not on my mind. I hope to come home soon. Stay strong and keep those positive thoughts coming!hugs and kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment