Sunday, July 31, 2011

We were a couple with a dog.

About two or so weeks ago we went hiking up at Golden Gate State Park. It was a beautiful Saturday morning when we loaded up the car (Butters included) and headed out on our 2ish hour drive to the park. It was a pretty drive and above all a beautiful day for a hike. Of course we chose a trail that was deemed not only difficult, but has mountain lion sighting therefore it was named mountain lion trail. It was recommended no pets and to hike in groups well, we were a couple with a dog.
Arriving at the gate entrance.
Potty - check, Backpacks - check, Dog - check, Camera - check, we're good to go!
I was a bit freaked out after reading all the information, but I kept the tips on what to do if you do spot a mountain lion on the top of my mind and I was a bit cautious, but after a bit I was able to enjoy it. Still... scary.
Since Zach didn't grab a map (even after I asked lol) so I'll have to deal with snapshots of the park map.

On the trail!

Cool wood.

Checking the next map to ensure we're heading the right way and that I know where we are so if we do need to get out, we can.
Such a beautiful creek! We sat here and rested for a little bit.


Favorite shot of the day!
Butters was thirsty.
Posing by the creek.


Stopping at a back country camp site for our lunch break.

Had bought these awesome pirate sandwich holders for the trip. Love target's $1 section!

Before heading out, Zach asked if I wanted our names carved into a tree... sure why not! Umm his Z had issues so I took on the challenge to do my J and well ... it went alright so I added a heart haha

Back on the trial. Here we're about half way.

Such a pretty part of the hike!

OOOoooo forgot about this... another favorite! I love my new camera :)





Final stretch of the hike. We followed the larger part of the creek back to the parking lot... We had issues getting a good shot in this location. Either I looked stupid or Zach was creepy. Needless to say, we never got a good shot. We still look silly lol
More pretty flowers.
We had made it back to the car and hit the road. I was thirsty and HOT! Thank goodness for the cool mountain air. We've never explored Golden that well, but I had always wanted to see this sign... maybe next time we'll be on foot. For now, I shot this from the car.

I had Zach stop for Slurpee's! MMmmmm the best way to cool down on the drive home. After getting home and unloading, we were pooped and ready for a movie. Butters was exhausted and went upstairs to bed hahah
The day after our hike Zach also had off... it was a pretty lazy day. We went to the movies, made cookies to send to the Kings and we had a BBQ dinner. It was great. Check out the beautiful Sunset while we were cooking!
Dress for the movies... Check out my kitty hahah
Zach coming to flip our food.
Beautiful Colorado Sunset.
Delicious cookies!


I'm impressed the blog is staying pretty up to date! I only have a few others to post and we'll be all caught up, but we also don't have any plans coming up either. We have been so busy the last few weeks and it's really taking a toll on me. I'm feeling very sick today and have been laying in best most of the morning already. However, I did get up to write this blog lol I do have some work to do, but I'm thinking I'll rest today and hopefully get a fresh start on the week. I've got a few client meeting and one session this next week. Looking forward to showing off all the wonderful images to them :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! What have you all been up to? I heard about the crazy storm the other night... I'm happy to report we haven't had many monsoon storms lately! Sorry it's moved to you. I hope it doesn't come this way! I'm ready for the summer with no storms. It's been really nice waking up and knowing you're good to put shorts and a tee and not have to guess what the weather will be like. Mom had been redecorating her house and it's looking amazing! I've also been working on our house and turning it into a studio... I've only painted a little bit, but already has made a huge difference. I'm loving it and hope to finish it all within the next week or so.

What's everyone's plans for this coming weekend? We're looking for ideas! Maybe you will inspire us with your plans ;) Love you all and hope to visit soon.

Jessi

No comments: